Sunday, April 24, 2011

West Adams (catching up on posts)

Our final meeting was by far the best (yes Abel, I'm totally stealing from your post). By that time we all knew the kids and they felt comfortable with us. The first class they were afraid to speak and those who did raised their hand and were formal. By our last 2 class visits it was much more informal and relaxed. This is why I wish we had spent more time getting to know the kids instead of rushing into the making of the video. I think the donut day helped make them more relaxed, although Stephanie had to take the first donut otherwise I don't think anyone would had grabbed one. But that totally helped make the whole atmosphere of the room calm. That is the most important aspect that I think I would pass along. Is making sure everyone is comfortable with you. After all you (meaning us) are the newcomers and they don't know how to act around us or how to feel about us being there. We needed to establish this trust earlier on and I think we could have made a stronger connection with them and had a better understanding of what the final project would be about.

No comments: