Sunday, April 24, 2011

West Adams (catching up on posts)

So, now that I have talked about the debate. I am kinda stuck on just catching up on my post's. The first few meets with west adams were uncomfortable. We didn't know what we were doing and some of our group was panicked about getting started on our video, afraid that if we didn't we would not have any footage for the final project. Personally, if I were to do this again I would spend the first 2 or 3 meetings getting to know the group so them and us would be 100 sure of what the final project would be about. There was a whole lot of confusion with both us and the kids. And starting to film immediatly, and passing out the flip cams made it more so. I would have liked for us to get to know the kids, become comfortable with them and then the idea for the final project would have felt more natural. It all just felt pushed because we were afraid we wouldnt get footage. Instead we should have gotten to know them so we didnt waste time breaking them into groups that then we wouldnt even bother using in our video.

No comments: