Thursday, April 28, 2011

Last Post!

As a second-semester senior, I went into Writing 340 with the plan to write a couple papers, do my best, and graduate having learned to write a little bit better. I really didn’t expect much, and I was pretty shocked when we had our first class. Knowing how busy my semester was, I contemplated finding a new course that wouldn’t require as much of my time.

The semester was definitely a struggle. Since I didn’t take Writing 140 at USC, I’m still struggling to break myself of a lot of bad writing habits. It was difficult getting up early every Wednesday morning (the day I originally planned to use for sleeping in), to go to a school where I often felt I was an outsider forcing myself in. I had no idea how to create a documentary, and none of the IML classes fit into my schedule.

Fifteen weeks later, I’ve not only gained a couple new friends, but I’ve also been so impressed by what everyone in this class has produced. Even though tomorrow is my last day of classes ever, I’ve been motivated to put 100% into my work until the very end. Tonight’s screening was inspirational and it left me with a culminating feeling of fulfillment. Even though we had different groups working on unrelated projects, I feel like we all produced something together. It was great having a class that was so honest and engaged, and I’m so glad it was one of my last classes at USC.

No comments: