Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Final Visit with Fades for Grades

I'd have to say that I really had a great time interacting with the Fades 4 Grades boys. I don't think they realized how much of an impact they left on myself and the rest of my group. I definitely saw a huge change in the attitudes and behavior of the boys from the first day till our last meeting; they were way more open to discussing different issues with us and tried to get to know us more as people instead of "scary college kids with cameras". I'd say that all of us looked forward to going to Crenshaw and developed a connection with the boys on a personal level, especially once they started opening up to us. They boys all seemed pretty excited to see the final documentary at the IML lab. I know that they didn't know what to expect, but I know they'll be happy that they contributed to our project.

No comments: