Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Given what I said below, I should probably actually tell you about how some of this stuff went!

The whole process was nothing short of fantastic, really. I could not believe how open and amiable and engaging each person that we met through Green Grounds was in real life. It was exciting to see all of these beautiful people together for a great cause. It's a seemingly simple cause, I suppose, but an incredible one even on a small scale. The Green Grounds members have such a vision not only for the local neighborhoods, but for the greater Los Angeles area, and for the way we live in general. And they're willing to share that, not only through interviews and conversation, but also in going out and doing it themselves. That's what they're all about. Live-action change. Of course, it may be unlikely that Green Grounds alone will be able to change the way we think about food and sustainability and nature, but in and of itself, I'd say the effort is quite remarkable. And even apart from the outward enthusiasm of the people involved, it speaks for itself.... silently. "Just the beauty of the garden draws [people] in", as Ron says. I think that alone is worth delving into.

No comments: