How are the students, clients, and/or staff responding to your efforts? Do you think that your presence is anticipated or appreciated? What is your emotional response to others’ reaction towards you?
I think that the men of the home seem to be responding positively to us. They know we are not there to change anything and that really we have nothing to offer other than kind words and some human interaction, but they seem to appreciate that. Every time we walk into the house for a group meeting the men hurry over to come greet us and talk to us. We have each established very different relationships with the men, but for the most part it seems that they all truly like having us there. Never do I feel like I am getting in the way of the on goings of the house or do I feel that perhaps I should just keep to myself. It seems like everyone in the house has mad sincere efforts to make our group and myself feel welcome and wanted. Every time I leave the house I feel like I have just established a deeper bond with new friends and it is a feeling that rarely comes about otherwise.
No comments:
Post a Comment