Visit #1.
Group 2 went to visit Rick and some of the fades for grades students this past Friday. A great experience, and one that was unexpected. We were shocked to see how pleasant the campus was and how excited the kids were to go to the CYCF after school program. We have a great plan that will hopefully be locked up by today. We will be taking 12-15 of the students and bringing the P'Tones Records curriculum to them. Rick explained that there has never been two groups at the same time so we are eager to see how that went.
Rick is very easy going and he could not be more passionate about working with the youth. We are all looking forward to having a great semester at Crenshaw and hanging with the students.
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I had my first visit with Fades for Grades this past Monday, and like the rest of the people in my group, I was really surprised to see how welcoming the students and teachers were to see us. It was also a surprise to discover that the barber cutting the hair of the young men is actually my stylist, so I immediately felt a little less nervous, because I already had someone that I knew and could relate to in this particular instance.
I was excited to hear what the different guys had to say in response to our questions about school, Valentines Day, and their thoughts about college and traveling. Throughout the discussion, it was easy to pick out the different personalities and characteristics of each of the boys. I was glad to see how involved most of them were in the conversation; they really wanted their voices heard, and they seemed excited to be working with us. I am really looking forward to individual interactions with the boys, and want to get the chance to get to know them better.
Post a Comment