Sunday, March 6, 2011

Entry Three


After weeks of observation at my site, there weren't many problems. Some of the particular issues I have noticed at New Village have been keeping the students interested in what we are doing. It was difficult at first to keep there attention without them messing around, but through our recent discussions they have opened up and provided thoughtful commentary on issues which they might want to pursue for the documentary. Another issue which our group has discussed is to figure out how much of the documentary will be in their hands and ours. We need to set forth the distribution of the documentary. Also another task which I have encountered is that we haven't started taping anything because it has taken us awhile to get the students talking. I hope soon we will have a topic to start structuring what we will be doing. Also I feel like alot of girls don't want to be on camera which is perfectly fine! But i hope there will be some who will so we can show that they are working with us. Other than that the faculty at New Village is great and very helpful!!


1 comment:

Stephanie Bower said...

Hi Hibab:
Thanks for your comment. I do recommend getting started taping ASAP, preferably before the break. And remember that your partners don't have to be on camera--they can help generating the ideas for the doc, then storyboarding, then filming interviews or b-roll, then editing. In other words, they can be the directors and the writers rather than the subjects. If you'd like and you can find some responsible students, you can give them one of the flip cameras to take home so that they can provide footage for the documentary.

Can't wait to see what you come up with!